[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]New You Health Tip: Do’s and dont’s to help prevent neck stiffness and back pain while sleeping.
One of the top reasons Americans visit their doctors each year is spinal problems related to back and neck pain. Dr. Kenneth Hansraj, New York Orthopedic Surgeon and author of Keys to an Amazing Life: Secrets of the Cervical Spine, shares with New You readers the best ways to avoid a stiff neck and sore back while sleeping.
- Stretch before sleeping
- Take a long hot shower before sleeping
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes to bed
- Try using a firm base pillow and a softer top pillow
- Hydrate before bed
- Leave on electronics
- Watch the news before sleeping
- Go to bed angry or tense
- Sleep in a cold room
- Sleep on an old, worn out mattress